We have discovered that on the 2nd July this year, our organ will be 175 years old, counting from the original dedication service. We’ve even found a printed order sheet from that service!
We think that’s worth commemorating, so we’re planning a whole afternoon of organ related celebrations:
2pm – Recital by celebrated Organist John Scott Whiteley
- Reger – Variations and Fugue on ‘God Save The Queen’
- Bach – Schmücke Dich BWV654)
- Bach – Toccata and Fugue in F (BWV540)
- Samuel Wesley – Airs for the Royal Seraphine
- Saint-Saëns – Prelude and Fugue in B Major
- Francis Jackson – Improvisation on ‘Remember For Good’
- Francis Jackson – Choral in B
- Francis Jackson – Festival Toccata
3pm (approx) – ‘console hands on’ – Try playing the organ for yourselves under the eye of expert advisers.
3.30pm – short act of worship to give thanks for the the use of the organ.
4.15pm – afternoon tea (followed by a further ‘console hands on’).
All are welcome to every aspect of the afternoon, and there will be no charge.