“Transforming Central” for the church and community
2014 saw the congregation of Central decide to reaffirm our commitment to the church, the city centre and the wider community and truly fulfil our vision as a community of welcome. We understand ourselves to be called to: gather together as the body of Christ in this place which welcomes and celebrates human diversity; serve our wider community and congregation in ways which shows the love and compassion of God.
We aim to provide a sustainable home for the church and congregation, conserving and improving the facilities for our grade II* listed site.
We have already extended a warm welcome to the homeless team of the Salvation Army whose work complements that of Carecent and hope to welcome other community groups and charities as 2015 progresses. During our discussions with others we realised that our increasingly expensive city centre lacks a single substantial site where charities and community groups can be based. With 20,000 sq ft of space we hope that over time we can play our part in offering groups a home.
Our project comprises:
- Undertaking a full structural survey to ensure the conservation of the site.
- Refurbishment of the rear ancillary buildings and church halls to create serviced offices and better equip our larger rooms for hire.
- Improving our disabled access provisions, especially within the church.
- A desire to bring the basement space under the church into community use through the provision of a community café and exhibition space.
- A desire to bring our courtyard into regular use by creating a glass atrium and extending the provision of office space over the remaining half of our church halls.
We welcome contact from interested groups and individuals as we continue to define our plans for the future.
If you would like to enquire into available space (office & room hire) please contact email@example.com or call 01904 611020.